Monday, October 11, 2010

The Obligatory Introduction :)

So, here it is.  Not my first ever blog because, of course, I've done the blog thing before, long ago by way of MySpace and, more recently, on MyFitnessPal.  However, I thought that having a place such as this to blog about whatever comes to mind (rather than needing to keep it related to fitness/exercise) sounded like a grand idea.


For those of you wondering about my choice of blog name, it's a Primus song title.  One of my favorites, ever.  It's so ME.  I've always, in one way or another, taken issue with conformity for conformity's sake, tradition just because "that's the way it's always been done", and automatically going along with something without questioning, "Why?"  I refuse to let others do my thinking for me.  I'll ask questions, research and then make up my own mind, thanks.  OK, I haven't ALWAYS followed this in EVERY aspect of my life, but more and more so as I age, learn, grow, and experience this thing we call life.  I can't justify following the crowd for the mere sake of "fitting in".  I'd rather be ME, thanks.  This reminds me of a quote I first came across back in high school: "To get nowhere, follow the crowd."  Still fitting, even today.


Anyhow, I'm open to topic suggestions, if you have something on your mind upon which you'd like to hear my ... dare I say it? ... opinion.  Other than that, I plan to blog whenever the mood strikes (and time allows!), about whatever topic pops into my head on any given day.  I suppose that's as good a way as any to start out a fresh new blog, yeah?


Any hints, tips and suggestions from more seasoned bloggers would be appreciated.  I'm all for trial and error, figuring out what works and what doesn't for me and my blog as time passes, but if you have a tried-and-true hint, tip or trick, please share.  All part of the research and experimentation process!


OK, intro complete.  Off for now to get some work done and ponder possible future blog topics.  Here's hoping you stick around with me to see what becomes of this, my own little bitty corner of the vast blog-iverse.  Good day and namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment