Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October the Nineteenth.

What a day. Woke up feeling super sad, with no idea why.  Didn't hit me until I was at work, and wrote down today's date for the first time of the day.  October 19.  Memorable for not just one loss (ectopic pregnancy 2006), but a second one just last year (miscarriage).  Yep, that explains it.


After that, though, I began to feel better.  Better about everything.  As if my three little angel children were right there, supporting me, letting me know it's OK to be happy, to be confident, to be the best person I can be.  Truth is, I've been sliding lately, since I hit my first weight loss mini-goal.  Not sure why.  A number of factors all combined together is my guess.  Anyhow, yeah, I've been basically in "maintenance mode" for a week and a half, stalling my own progress.  How sneaky my own self-sabotaging ways were this time!  Suddenly afraid of taking that next step, going that little bit further.


Well, I'm happy to report that I've taken notice of how much of a hindrance I've been to myself these past few days and I'm ready to regain control, confidence and lose some more weight!  I want to ROCK Monday's weigh-in, and, just as importantly, I want to know that I gave it my very BEST at my upcoming 5K race this Sunday.  So, bright and early tomorrow morning, I'll be out there, giving it my all, in preparation for a great race.


Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this time.  Love to you all!! Good day and namaste.

2 comments:

  1. I feel that I have been slipping lately too! I have been letting myself eat things I know I shouldn't. Even though I supplement the exercise for it, I still know it will slow my weight loss and not let me lose much more than I would if I hadn't chose a healthier option. You are doing so well and you will get through this slump! Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I started today off on a much better note, but I've slipped back into feelings of sadness since then, and I'm really not sure why. Been trying to shake it off all morning. I have NOTHING to be so sad and depressed about. I think it may just be the time of year, but I just CAN'T let all my hard work slip down the drain!! Let's keep each other strong and keep ourselves going. We WANT this, so let's do it!! Down with self-sabotage!!

    ReplyDelete