Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Remembering How Far I've Come

I'd stayed up late last night, playing Magic: The Gathering online with my best friend and life partner. I was enjoying our time together and didn't want it to end. We so cherish the time we get to spend together.


So, this morning, I started out the day in a foul mood.  One, because I was still sleepy.  Two (as a result of One), because I didn't get up in enough time to exercise.  I've still been slacking, in my eyes, on the amount of exercise I've been putting in lately.  The foul mood then extended itself and attracted other foul thoughts to add to the party.  'Tis true that misery loves company, even in thought-form.


Determined not to allow negativity to ruin my day, I began listening to a few Abraham-Hicks videos on YouTube as a way of helping me change my perspective and thoughts.  As I listened to the first video, a thought occurred to me.  Here I was, steeped in, "I should.. I would.. I ought to.. I haven't been.. I'm not doing enough.." type of thoughts. You get the idea, I'm sure.  When all of a sudden, I wake up (again) to the fact that I'm not practicing self-love by thinking these nasty thoughts about myself.  Somehow, somewhere along the way, I'd forgotten, I'd gotten it back into my head that I'm just not good enough, not worthy.  Well you know what, nice try Ego!  I'm on to you again.


I AM good enough.  I AM worthy of love, from myself and from others.  I WILL keep repeating these thoughts until they STICK!  All I have to do is look back on how far I've come, especially in the past several months, and KNOW that I'm worthy, that I have much to contribute to the world, that I don't HAVE to stick with the all-too-familiar self-defeating, self-belittling thoughts of the PAST.


Heck, I was telling my son just this morning (again) how he can at any moment change the way he thinks, feels, behaves and acts.  Not necessarily all at once, but baby steps, a little at a time.  Time to take my own advice, methinks!


Lesson:  When I find myself locked in negative, self-defeating thoughts, one key to reopening my mind and refreshing my perspective is to look back on how much progress I've made so far, how far I've come.  "You've Come a Long Way, Baby".  Good day and namaste!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go honey! You've been doing fabulous! I've been in the same foul mood! (I think the freezing ass cold weather has something to do with it!!) But this is exactly what I needed to read! Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yes, I'm just not ready for cold weather yet! You are very welcome; I hope you enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete