Friday, November 5, 2010

YOU are the Key to Your Own Success

Within you lies all the self-love, confidence, happiness, joy and LOVE that you'll ever need to accomplish anything you set your heart to, and to see you through ANY situation, "good" or "bad".  It's simply not a matter of searching for these things outside yourself.  Within you is a never-ending well of strength, compassion (for self and others), determination and creativity.  The key to unlocking these characteristics lies within you as well.  Surround yourself with positive people, places, things, think happy, positive, joyful thoughts, and watch your entire world change around you.


One day in mid-February 2010, I came across an app for my iPod Touch (which has since been stolen - my heart holds no bitterness over this fact; I only wish that someone else benefits positively from the iPod), called Couch to 5K (or C25K, for short).  This MP3 download available on Amazon.com is similar: 8 Weeks to 5k Training Program.  I began using C25K shortly thereafter; my only intention at the time was to improve my own health and wellbeing.  In May 2010, I signed myself up for a 4-mile run in September and a 5K race in October.  In July 2010, I joined My Fitness Pal in order to further my goals.


At some point during all of this, I felt I wanted yet another way to keep myself motivated, accountable and determined.  So, I started a group on Facebook, simply called Motivation. to share stories, links, posts, articles, photos, quotes and the like with anyone interested in such things.  The group has since grown to nearly 700 members!  Wow!


Like I said, I didn't start out with the intention of motivating, helping, encouraging or inspiring others.  I was and still am simply following my heart, doing what I feel is best for myself and my family.  I wish to pause here and thank my heart, my rock, and my life partner, Mike, for ALL his encouragement, support and unconditional LOVE throughout this journey -- without him, I wouldn't be where I am today.  He has positively changed my life so that I may positively change the lives of others.  Ever grateful. <3


I often think back to that day in February, that very day I took the reigns to change my life, to take responsibility for my actions, my choices, my issues, and to stop blaming other people, places, things and situations for my dissatisfaction, sadness, loneliness, bitterness and anger.  I often wonder what my world would be like today if I hadn't taken those steps.  With Mike's help and encouragement, I've worked through every one of those issues, faced them, dug deep to find the source of my unpleasant feelings, and now, at this point in my life, I am the absolute happiest I've ever been.  I AM happiness.  I am finally ME.  I have learned to accept myself the way I am right now, as well as striving to be, do and have everything I have ever and will ever long for.  I finally understand the concepts covered in a book I read years ago, which opened up a whole new world to me, even then: Ask and It Is Given.  Talk about full circle!


YOU are the key to changing your life!  Right now, you can take one small step toward a more positive, happier life, just by becoming aware of your thoughts, taking hold and changing them for the better.  One of the quickest, most effective ways of doing this is to jot down a list of the many blessings in your life.  I find that whenever my mind wants to turn toward that which I do not want in my life, that which I dislike, I can halt that train right in its tracks and turn it toward what I DO want in my life, what I LOVE about my life, or WOULD like in my life.  It takes practice, but it IS possible and SO beneficial.


Before I conclude this blog, I ask that you please consider helping me EMPOWER you and others, by taking just one moment to visit this link, vote for my story, and perhaps share the link with your friends.  Through EmpowHer's 1000 Women campaign, they are recruiting 1,000 women who will then each reach out to 1,000 women to create the biggest movement for women’s health and wellness.  I would greatly appreciate your support!  Thank you, good day, and namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment