Friday, December 17, 2010

Assisting Our Local Communities

Being very altruistic in nature, I do my best to volunteer my time, talents and skills wherever needed, as time allows me to do so.  Yes, I would LOVE more time in my day to devote to volunteering, fundraising and helping, but I feel that every little bit helps, and I no longer waste my time lamenting over "never enough time".  I do what I can, when I can, rather than doing nothing because I can only do a little.


With the holidays in full swing, who can forget the less fortunate in our local neighborhoods? Those who are barely able to afford to keep food on their families' tables, much less afford to buy nice gifts for their loved ones.  I admit that there was a time in my past when I relied on our local food bank to fill in the gaps when times got tough.  I felt such gratitude for their services, especially on behalf of my (then) infant/toddler son.


At this point in my life, I am very happy to be able to give back to the very same food bank that helped me out in the past.  I have pledged to lose 40 pounds between now and May 31, 2010, as part of the Pound for Pound Challenge*, sponsored by The Biggest Loser.  This year, for the first time, you can now create your own Pound for Pound Challenge team, and so I did just that!  Team Motivation is currently holding strong in second place in team rankings, and I'm looking to recruit more team members to help donate as much food as possible to as many local communities as possible.


If you or someone you know might find it in your/their heart to help this GREAT cause, please follow the directions below:


Go to: http://www.pfpchallenge.com/


Click on the "Pledge" tab, and it will give you the two options of "Join a Team" or "Pledge Pounds". 

Click on "Join A Team". 

Click on "Join Team" next to Motivation and it will open another window that will give you the option of "Change Teams" or "Continue Pledging". 

Follow the directions under "Continue Pledging" to register and pledge.



Also, join Motivation's Facebook group for support, encouragement and.. well.. motivation, of course!


Thank you SO much for considering donating your time to improving your own health while helping those less fortunate!


* For every pound you pledge to lose through May 31, 2011, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 11¢ to Feeding America® — enough to secure one pound of groceries on behalf of local food banks.


myLot User Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment