Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Game Plan

Autumn arrived, and with it, the gradual decline of my motivation, drive and determination.  I won't bother to bore you with my laundry list of excuses.  It's all irrelevant, really.  I knew better the entire time.  Yet, I allowed excuse after excuse to keep me from what I really and truly want.  OK, so, time to stand tall once again, be tough and eradicate those wimpy, whiny excuses!  And, what better way to do so than to come up with a plan of action and then to actually follow through with it?!  I mean, I already have all the support one woman could EVER wish for, and for that I am absolutely grateful.


Speaking of support, I've been sort of hiding out from my MyFitnessPal crew lately -- mostly because of feelings of guilt and shame for not doing/being my best.  Feeling a little hypocritical even, at times.  Everyone there has always been so supportive of me throughout this journey, and I absolutely cannot stand the feeling of having let someone (or, in this case, a lot of someones!) down.


So, with that said, I felt the best way for me to get back on track would be to have a daily/weekly exercise plan at my disposal.  That way, I don't have to think about which workout I'm going to do, morning-by-morning.  Did I ever mention that I am NOT a morning person?!  ;)  I plan to streamline my morning routine as much as possible, so I stop feeling so rushed, harried and a failure.  Yep, let's change things so I can more easily change the thoughts with which I identify.  ;)


Today, I will be formulating my game plan.  A week-by-week exercise plan.  And, more importantly, STICKING to it!  Thank you, to everyone who has been supportive of me throughout EVERYTHING.  It really does mean a LOT to me.  Good day and namaste!

6 comments:

  1. The most successful people around the world actually use this method to achieve many of the goals they set to themselves. If you are able to get this done, you will probably move on to your next great goal and so on. The most difficult thing is starting and not giving up.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Martin! I have already had a great measure of fitness success... just, fell off the bandwagon to some extent for a while there... now, though, I'm back on track and no lookin' back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ok Chandra.....I have fell off the wagon as well....and even gained back 5 lbs....grrrr. Christmas coming and all the baking and stuff i know exactly how you feel. I was just saying to my husband this morning I need to get back at it. thats it no more snacking on baking and eating when i shouldn't be. We probably fell off the wagon around the same time hahah!! We can do this!!! I'm printing off a workout plan NOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hop back on together and move forward with our plans!! Best wishes to you, and thank you for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are speaking my language... seems every day I keep telling myself, this is the day, and then I end up sabotaging everything and am fully aware of it as I graze my way through the pantry at night. A plan is well, the best plan of action. Best wishes and good luck in your endeavors. No matter how many times we fall off, just get back up and push forward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, thank you!! And, you're right.. I think, as long as the general path is in the right direction for each of us, the little slip-ups and delays (falling off..) along the way are not such a big deal. :) As long as we continue to push forward, never giving up... we'll do just fine! Best wishes to you too!!

    ReplyDelete