Friday, December 31, 2010

Reminiscing 2010; Looking Forward to 2011

WOW.  Where has the time gone?!  It's the last day of 2010 today, as well as the conclusion of yet another decade ("And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you" ~ PF) Looking back, what a year it has been!  For me, it's been 365 days of learning, growing, regaining confidence in myself and figuring out who "I" am.  (HUGE thanks, always, to Mike, who has been my rock and my support throughout it all.)  Who knew that getting fit physically would go hand-in-hand with becoming more and more mentally and emotionally fit at the same time?!  I still have some way to go, but I've made GREAT headway throughout the year.


Big plans for 2011: Starting Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred tomorrow, January 1, 2011, with my sister-in-law, possibly my sister and mother, and a few people over at MyFitnessPal.com.  With so much accountability, how could I NOT see this workout DVD through to its completion?!  I refuse to make excuses for myself any longer!


With my new running shoes and the beautiful (for December 31st!) weather we had today, I took off on a GREAT run this afternoon.  Runkeeper Pro (free until the end of the year, normally $9.99) for the iPod/iPhone is going to be a great tool for my continued run training.  I will be buying Run Coach Pro soon, to begin my half marathon training.


I am fired up and ready to forge ahead with renewed determination, confidence and audacity.  Life really is what you make of it -- hard work, dedication, no-excuses, and determination are KEY in achieving our goals.  I'm looking forward to a GREAT new year.  Together, let's ROCK 2011!!!

2 comments: