Thursday, December 16, 2010

Running Some Resolutions By Y'all

Having just completed a mile jog on the ole treadmill this evening, I thought I'd share a few things that crossed my mind during said jog.


One thing that popped up was resolutions for 2011 and beyond.  I'm talking fitness resolutions, or, more specifically, running resolutions.  Back in February 2010, I began a running program called Couch to 5K (C25K), which was the very start of me becoming a RUNNER.  Yeah, hard to imagine a year ago, calling myself a runner!  If interested, you can read more about my runner beginnings here.  Since then, I've run a 4 mile and two 5K races this year.


I've already decided that I'll be signing up for Fort4Fitness's half marathon to be held in September 2011.  So, beginning in January 2011, I'll begin using a half marathon training app for the iPod to prepare.  I'll also be signing up for several 5Ks and such -- maybe even a 10K or two -- along the way.  I'm SO ready for spring to get here already so I can get back to running outdoors.  The treadmill is alright, but since I began running outdoors this past spring, nothing quite compares.  The breeze, the sunlight... ahhhh...


Oh right... resolutions... So, after reviewing plans I've already made, I thought it over and I've made it my goal to participate in and finish a marathon by the end of 2012.  Yep.  Imma do it.  Because I'm determined like that.  Watch and see.


Have you any resolutions set for the upcoming new year?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't even thought of any resolutions. I guess mine would be to hopefully make it under 200 lbs by the end of next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great one, Angela! I am usually not big on the whole New Year's resolutions thing, but I definitely have big goals for this running thing, so I thought this year, why not?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds amazing!! its a wonderful goal and i know you can do it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3-4 5K's in the Spring.

    Half marathon training starting in July/August

    10K in the summer (with some 5K's for fun)

    Palm Beach Half in Dec 2011

    Good luck on your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! Good luck on yours, too... sounds like GREAT running resolutions you've got there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I know you will!!! I can't wait to "watch and see!!" :)

    ReplyDelete