Sunday, December 5, 2010

To Defy the Laws of Ego ~ Explaining the Blog Name Change

Having quietly changed the title of my blog a little while back, from "To Defy the Laws of Tradition" to "To Defy the Laws of Ego", I thought maybe I should take this time to explain.


Ego is identification with thoughts.  Without thoughts, there is no ego.  Eckhart Tolle explains this concept very well in this video.  I highly recommend watching/listening to it to learn more.


I am highly aware of how many, as Mr. Tolle puts it, "hostile, life-limiting entities (thoughts)" about myself that I carry around with me, and have for a very long time.  So ingrained for so many years that I have fully believed them to be absolute truth.  Never did realize, until more recently that this is only my perception; not truth, not set in stone.


So therefore, I felt this blog would serve me best by morphing into a place to document my defiance of those deeply ingrained thoughts, the biggest one being, "I'm not good enough; I'm not worthy."  Digging deep to stop deriving my identity from thoughts, or, better put, to be aware enough of what I think on a daily basis to make sure I identify with life-expanding, joyful thoughts about myself and the world in which I live.  "Transcending" the ego by being aware of and choosy about the thoughts with which I identify.


Next up, a blog containing my game plan for getting back on track with fitness, weight loss, running and being the best person I can be.  Wallowing in self-pity over things I am fully capable of changing about myself shall no longer be tolerated.  Good day and namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment