Saturday, February 12, 2011

Confession.

Yesterday, I completed my food diary over at MyFitnessPal at around 8:00 p.m.  Note that I had a neat little 30 calories to spare at the time, even after having had some ice cream and eight Archway Oatmeal Snacking Cookies - Iced, 16 oz already.  As a general rule, I normally don't deny myself sweets; I just make room for them in my daily calorie intake goal.  I generally exercise a little extra, if needed, to be able to enjoy my "weaknesses".  This way, I'm less likely to cave and binge on those otherwise "forbidden" treats.

However, later on in the evening while Mike and I were catching up on The Office and 30 Rock, I grabbed that bag of cookies and polished them right off!  Probably close to another 400-500 calories.  Eek!  Now, this may not seem like a big deal to some of you, my dear readers, so please, laugh if you will.  It's ok; you won't hurt my feelings. :)

I purposely didn't record the extra calories in my food diary.  My ego mind came on strong with an onslaught of excuses, "Those calories just don't count if I don't face up to them", was the general gist.  For those of you on your own fitness journey, I'm sure you can relate to the various and sundry excuses that ran through my head as I sat there eating the extra cookies and not recording them.

And, as much as I may say to myself today: it was a one-off, it's over, it's in the past, it's a new day, fresh start, and as much as those statements are absolutely true, I feel that today I also must confess this moment of "weakness", so as to prevent it from becoming habit again.

To those of you who read this and have supported me throughout this journey, and, most importantly, to myself, I hereby vow to record everything that crosses my lips, whether I stay on track or I "cheat", like last night.  Ego, defied.  Now, off to work out. <3

4 comments:

  1. I think you should kick your ego's ass --- I saw record them now, own them, and work them off today --- send that ego into the galaxy AND you will have NO guilt because you owned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duly recorded, owned and soon-to-be worked off. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there and it still sits in your mind (and body)even if you choose not to record them... Kudos to you for the confession! Now do 3 Hail Mary passes and call me in the morning LoL

    ReplyDelete