Thursday, March 24, 2011

30 Day Shred Round Two: Day 3 Level 2

I decided against posting a daily Shred update blog.  I had a feeling they'd start to get pretty boring, without a whole lot to report day-by-day.  However, it's time for a mid-Shred update.


For those of you keeping track (yeah right, lol), I started on March 10, with the objective of doing the Shred every day, 10 days per level, which means I ought to be on Day 5 Level 2 today.  Well, as the title of this post suggests, I'll be completing Day 3 Level 2 this evening.


No excuses, merely going with the flow of life.  Mike got sick first.  Then Dalton and I got it. Nasty cold/sinus/ick type thing.  Still have the tail end of it, but it's well on its way out, thankfully.  I skipped one day because I wasn't feeling up to exercise, meaning to double up on Sunday with my last day of Level 1 and first day of Level 2, but after doing Level 1, I was spent.  Still sick, didn't want to push myself to the point of utter exhaustion.


Before Mike went out of town for a few days, I wanted to spend every moment I could with him, plus I still wasn't back to 100% health, so I skipped a second day somewhere along the way (Monday, I believe).


I officially began Level 2 on Tuesday, March 22.  I remember now why it was my least favorite level the first time around, seeing as it incorporates quite a few plank-based moves, and my arms have long been my "weak point".  However, this time around I'm stronger and more capable.  I'm sticking with it, and as long as I'm able to keep up doing the Shred every day through Level 3, I'm on track to finish on April 10.


So far, two weeks in, I've lost a total of four pounds.  I'm excited to see and share the end results!

6 comments:

  1. Great job girl! Life happens and we have to roll with it. You are keeping it going and not giving up and that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That I am. I'm determined like that, as you know! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great. I know it. Look at all you have accomplished so far. You got this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I appreciate your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not good to do it everyday, you need rest days..
    im sure your arm strength will be great after this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! My arms are definitely much stronger now than they've ever been. I'm listening to my body, doing the Shred as many days as I'm physically able. :)

    ReplyDelete