Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Re-Committing to Goals

After giving this some thought and talking it over with Mike, I realize I need to do something to help me fully re-commit to my end-of-May goal (which is to reach my "maintenance" weight).  Time is running thin on that goal and I've been "stuck" within the same 4-5lb range for far too long.  I'm over it!


Now, the weight number itself doesn't much bother me much anymore.  However, the brick wall I've found myself up against must be broken through.  I've been through another deep dark round of "I'm not good enough" lately and I'm tired of it.  I AM good enough and that's that!  I know, I know, my blogs tend to circle back around to this very theme all the time.  Well, this is me, my life and my current struggle!  The battle of "I'm just not worth it", when the "higher" part of me knows better all the time - or else why would I even bother wrestling with this thought in my mind and keep on trying?!


I committed to Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred on January 1, 2011, and saw it all the way through 30 consecutive days.  What an accomplishment!  However, since then my commitment to my weight loss goal has waxed and waned.  Not to mention the fact that when I started the Shred, I neglected to take initial measurements or even very good before photos.  Regrets.


With that said, my 30 Day Shred Results blog has been getting regular hits since I posted it. That tells me something.  And so, onward toward the main point of this blog.


As of tomorrow, March 10, 2011, I am committing to round two of the 30 Day Shred.  Ten consecutive days per level, with measurements, weight and photos taken before I begin.  I'll still be keeping up on my running schedule as I do this, so the results won't be 100% 30 Day Shred, but I wish to see what kind of results a second round of the Shred will bring, in addition to the running.


I'm looking for a little input here...

  • Would you want to see a daily or weekly blog from me as I progress through my second round of the Shred?  Sort of a day-by-day play-by-play? ;)
  • Would any of you care to join me?  The mutual support would be awesome!  For those of you on MyFitnessPal, I'm thinking of starting a new forum thread for those who wish to join me.
Let me know your thoughts, please.  I'd appreciate it!  And, wish me luck as Jillian kicks my booty for another 30 days! :)

4 comments:

  1. It would be interesting to see how you progress through the 2nd round. If you feel the need to share any thoughts then definitely post a blog everyday. I am interested in the measurements too. I live vicariously through you Chandra LOL You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ang!! :-D You are doing such a great job yourself! I'm taking measurements and before photos tonight. Will weigh-in in the morning. I may stick with every couple of days or so.. we'll see how things go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chandra, just took the time to notice that you have a blog here. Following you now. I am looking forward to following your journey on your second round of the 30 day shred. Don't know if I could do that. Not sure what it is like, but I do know what Jillian is like on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kewkew, thank you! It's an intense workout for sure, but Jillian gives plenty of beginner modifications so anyone can give it a go. Just stick to your own level, and build up from there. If I can do it, so can you! :)

    ReplyDelete