Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Fire is Back

Admission: I overate, didn't log my foods and didn't stick so well to my workouts this past week.  From ice cream to cookies to eating not so healthy meals out, allowing myself every excuse in the book, and just plain self-indulging, I had one heck of a "break"!


As oddly freeing as that felt for just those moments in time, I know that if I continue to allow that to become my lifestyle once again, I'd be performing a huge U-turn and backtracking from all the progress I've made.


No beating myself up over it this time, though.  That's the difference between the "past" me and the NOW me.  I indulged.  I loved/hated every moment of it.  Now, back on the path I've chosen for myself, with the flame of determination burning full force.


To prove thus, this afternoon I completed Level 2 and Level 3, back-to-back, of Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, tried out the new Jillian Michaels Ultimate Kettle Bell Set (that my lovey surprised me with yesterday) by watching the intro portion of Jillian Michaels: Shred-It With Weights, and then pushed myself with sprint/fast walk intervals for 10 minutes on the treadmill.  And now, apart from being stinky sweaty and in need of a shower (which will be forthcoming shortly, followed by some pampering with my favorite lotion, Sympathy for the Skin Body Cream by LUSH)I FEEL GREAT!


Upcoming: The continuation of Round Two of 30 Day Shred (9 days of Level 3 to go!), plus getting serious about training for my first half marathon, and then, after this round of the Shred is through, Shred It with Weights and/or Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30.


Back in the saddle again . . . Good day and Namaste. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment