Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tired of being Tired!

OK, I've had it.  It's sleuthing time.  I'm sick and tired of constantly feeling run down and tired.  Time to DO something about it.  Cried a few frustrated tears this morning over it, but that really gets me nowhere.  Now, I'm agitated enough that it's time to take some action.  Whew.  Here goes.


Facts:  My workouts have been less than stellar lately.  Just haven't been feeling them.  Basically only going through the motions.  And, as hard as I struggle to get up in the mornings to get my workout on first thing, I've managed to do it just twice in the past two weeks.  Ugh!  I've been sooooo hungry lately, too.  Feels like I could eat and eat and eat.  Struggling hardcore to stay within the calorie goals specified by MyFitnessPal and the calories I "earn" by exercising.  Not feeling great about my body though I ought to be so proud of the progress I've made.  Disinterested, disconnected and sliding down that slippery slope of negativity about myself, while all around me there are a plethora of blessings, positivity, great changes for the better and, though it's still cold out (it's APRIL for Pete's sake!!), there have been hints of warmer weather on its way.  This girl ought to be on Cloud Nine right now, not sinking into depression and disconnection!


So, I wanna FIX it.  Google, my friend, we shall be hanging out for a while today.  Hope you're not too busy. ;)


I have a feeling it has something to do with how much protein I include in my diet, so I'll start there.  How much protein should I be consuming daily?  Well, MyFitnessPal's recommendation (default) is 45g a day.  From initial research, this seems to be very much on the low side, considering the type of workouts I perform.


First, I used this calorie calculator to see whether I need to change up my overall calorie goals now that I'm much closer to my goal weight.  It looks as though I'd be safe to bump my "net" intake up to 1,300 calories.  Next, their nutrient calculator to figure out a good carbohydrate-protein-fat ratio for me.  I've chosen to go with the "Zone Diet" option -- 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.  This change will approximately double my daily protein goal -- from 45g to 98g.  I'll input this into MyFitnessPal and give it a go for a while to see how much it changes things up.


Along with this switch-up, I intend to resume taking my daily multivitamin that I've been neglecting lately.  Note to self: Take another look at the nutrient breakdown of said multivitamins to see if I'm in need of more B vitamins, specifically B12.


Ahhh, simply taking this action has relieved a good portion of the negativity-fog.  A short walk around downtown over my lunch hour in the SUN! helped a little, too.  Yay for Vitamin D! :)


I'll report back in a week or two with initial thoughts, results and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment